Models and Pricing
The 2015 Equinox is offered in 4 trims. Regardless of the trim you choose, you’ll get a sporty styling, smooth performance, generous cargo space, impressive fuel economy, and an affordable sticker price:
- LS – $30,995 MSRP
- 1LT – $33,795 MSRP
- 2LT – $36,295 MSRP
- LTZ – $41,935 MSRP
The standard engine for this smart Chevy crossover is a 2.4L direct-injection 4-cylinder that produces 182 hp with 172 lb-ft of torque. A 3.6L V6 engine that delivers 301 hp with 272 lb-ft of torque is an available option. A 6-speed automatic transmission is standard, and you have the choice of either front-wheel drive or all-wheel drive systems. Maximum towing capacity for the 2.4L engine is 1,500 pounds, and with the 3.6L engine, you can tow up to 3,500 pounds.
Despite its power, the 2015 Chevy Equinox mpg rating is also quite impressive. Expect all the power of a crossover with the gas mileage numbers of a sedan:
- 2.4L FWD – 22 mpg city/32 mpg highway/26 combined
- 2.4L AWD – 20 mpg city/29 mpg highway/23 combined
- 3.6L FWD – 17 mpg city/24 mpg highway/20 combined
- 3.6L AWD – 16 mpg city/23 mpg highway/19 combined
The roomy interior of the Equinox comfortably seats up to 5, and comes with a wide array of standard and available comfort, convenience, and tech features, such as:
- Multi-Flex sliding rear seat – A 60/40-spit rear seat slides and folds to facilitate entry/exit and maximize cargo capacity. It also features 3-position reclining.
- Bluetooth connectivity – Talk on your phone hands-free while driving, so you can give your full attention to the road.
- Available 4G LTE – The Equinox is the first vehicle in its class to offer built-in WiFi technology, providing access for up to 7 devices. Expect a much better roaming connection than you’d get with your smartphone, as well as the capacity to connect laptops and tablets.
Learn More About Features
The flowing contours that grace the Equinox’s exterior lend a sleek and dynamic flair to the exterior design that is elegant and aerodynamically efficient. Exterior design features include:
- Power-adjustable, manual-folding mirrors – These side mirrors are easy to adjust, and the manual folding feature helps to prevent damage to the mirrors when the vehicle is parked.
- Deep-tinted glass – This helps reduce the effects of potentially harmful UV rays, which jeopardize both the health of your skin and the longevity of your car’s materials.
- Variable-speed intermittent rear wiper – This will keep your rear glass clean and clear in rain or snow.
Chevy doesn’t skimp when it comes to safety, and the new Equinox comes equipped with the some of the most advanced passive and active safety systems available, including:
- StabiliTrak electronic stability control – Employing an array of sensors, StabiliTrak helps you to maintain control of your vehicle by preventing spinouts, which is especially helpful during inclement weather. Should you lose control of your vehicle, StabiliTrak will apply just the right amount of braking pressure to each wheel and balance you out.
- LATCH System – Lower Anchors and Top Tethers for Children allow you to safely secure your child seats.
- OnStar – This system provides automatic crash response, crisis assist, emergency services, and roadside assistance, so you can be sure – no matter the circumstances – that you get help after an accident.
Experience the 2015 Chevy Equinox Today
We could go on and on about all that the 2015 Chevy Equinox has to offer drivers in the Schaumburg, Carpentersville, and Palatine area, but the only real way to know this crossover’s innovative driving experience is by test driving it! We’ll schedule you in if you contact us, or simply stop by our Chevrolet dealership today, located at 1385 E. Chicago Street, near the intersection of Shales Parkway in Elgin. We look forward to your visit!
2014 model shown in some images