Chevy Trucks: An Engine For Every Driver
With the Colorado making its triumphant return for the 2015 model year, Schaumburg drivers in the market for a dependable and versatile Chevy truck have more options than ever. And every one of our trucks at Biggers Chevrolet comes with a variety of engine options, making them some of the best pickups on the market.
Silverado 1500 EcoTec3 Engine
2015 Colorado Engines
The 2015 Colorado is a lightweight pickup that has no trouble competing with the middleweight pickups from other automakers and features three engine options:
- The standard Colorado features a 2.5L four-cylinder engine with 200 hp and 191 lb-ft of torque, offering up one of the best fuel economies in its class: 26 highway mpg.
- Stepping up to the 3.6L V6 engine unlocks 305 hp and 269 lb-ft of torque that can tow up to 7,000 pounds when properly equipped.
- The Colorado also features a 2.8L Duramax four-cylinder turbo-diesel engine capable of 180 hp and 325 lb-ft of torque, giving you the power and fuel efficiency of a diesel engine on a lightweight pickup.
2015 Silverado 1500 Engines
The Silverado 1500 is one of the world’s most popular pickup trucks, and a great deal of that popularity comes from the versatility it has to offer. In addition to its available cabs, bed lengths, and trim levels, the 2015 Silverado 1500 also has three engine options:
- The 4.3L EcoTec3 V6 engine of the Silverado 1500 is rated at 285 hp and 305 lb-ft of torque, offering more torque than any other standard V6 in its class.
- Upgrading to the 5.3L EcoTec3 V8 engine with 355 hp and 383 lb-ft of torque gives you the most fuel-efficient gas V8 engine ever, providing an EPA-estimated 23 highway mpg.
- The top-of-the-line 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 is good for 420 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque, and it can bring the Silverado up to an amazing 12,000-pound towing capacity.
2015 Silverado HD Engines
We know that the Silverado 1500 is right for quite a few drivers, but we also know that some of you simply need more power and towing capabilities. And that’s what the 2015 Silverado HD series is for. Available in 2500HD or 3500HD, you’ll have three engine options available here as well.
- The HD series features a 6.0L Vortec V8 engine as standard, capable of 360 hp and 380 lb-ft of torque.
- For drivers needing some extra power and towing capabilities, the 6.6L Duramax Turbo-Diesel V8 offers up 397 hp and 765 lb-ft of torque.
- There is also a bi-fuel 6.0L V8 SFI (CNG) Gaseous Engine that delivers 360 hp and 380 lb-ft of torque while letting you switch between gasoline and compressed natural gas to power your Silverado HD.
Each of these engines can be found on both HD models, with the 3500HD giving drivers a greater towing and hauling capacity.
Experience a Chevy Truck Firsthand
We’re excited to talk about the engine specs on the trucks available here at Biggers Chevy, but if you’re looking for a powerful and capable pickup truck near Schaumburg, you know that numbers can only go so far. Contact our sales team to schedule a test drive of a Colorado or Silverado so that we can show you everything these pickups are capable of!