Explore State-of-the-Art Chevy Traverse Safety Features
An outstanding three-row crossover SUV comes to the road in the 2017 Chevy Traverse, which features seating for up to eight passengers, an incredible 150.8 cubic feet of passenger space, and a wowing 116.3 cubic feet of cargo volume—making this impressive vehicle an ideal conveyance for families as well an exceptional adventuring machine when you need lots of room for your gear.
Whether family motoring is what you’re looking for or you want an adventure-ready vehicle—or maybe a combination of the two—the Traverse delivers big. But what about the Chevy Traverse’s safety offerings? Is this roomy crossover as safe as it is versatile? Keep on reading, and we’ll explore the safety amenities of the Chevy Traverse in detail.
In terms of safety ratings, the 2017 Traverse has earned one of the highest in the automotive industry: a 5-Star Safety Rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
The Traverse is also well-stocked with cutting-edge safety features to help protect its passengers out on the road, including:
- Rear park assist (standard in all but the base trim), which, when the vehicle is operating in reverse, alerts the driver to any objects behind the Traverse and how close they are.
- Rear vision camera with guidelines (standard in all of the Traverse models), which gives drivers a clear view of what is behind the Traverse.
- Available Side Blind Zone Alert, which employs radar to detect and warn the driver of vehicles entering the Traverse’s blind spots.
- Available Forward Collision Alert, which warns the driver when the Traverse is getting dangerously close to the vehicle ahead of it.
- Available Lane Departure Warning, which alerts the driver when the Traverse begins to drift out of its lane.
- Tire pressure monitoring system (standard in all of the Traverse models), which monitors the pressure of each individual tire and alerts the driver when any tire’s pressure is low.
A five-year subscription to the OnStar Basic Plan and a six-month subscription to the OnStar Guidance Plan also come standard for each of the Traverse trims, offering features like OnStar Automatic Crash Response, OnStar Crisis Assist, OnStar Emergency Services, OnStar Roadside Assistance, OnStar Stolen Vehicle Assistance, and OnStar Vehicle Diagnostics.
Experience the Exceptional Traverse
Drivers can further explore the offerings of the outstanding 2017 Chevy Traverse safety, including its state-of-the-art features, at Biggers Chevy.
Stop in and see us, or contact us today to learn more about the amenities and options available for the Traverse. A member of our Biggers Chevy team will be on hand to walk you through the Traverse’s many impressive assets, answer any questions you have, and then get you behind the wheel for an unforgettable test drive.