What is Homelink?
Homelink is a wireless control system built into your Chevrolet car, truck, or SUV. It allows you to conveniently:
- Activate/deactivate your home security system
- Open and close your garage door or automatic gate
- Turn on and off your home’s interior and exterior lights, appliances, and other in-home electronics
Learn about the benefits of Homelink, and see how easy it is for drivers in and around the Schaumburg area to program it.
The Benefits of Homelink
- Battery-free: Powered by the electrical system in your Chevy, you never have to worry about changing batteries.
- Compatibility: Homelink is compatible with just about all garage door openers and gate systems, as well as a wide range of other radio-frequency (RF) controlled devices.
- Control Up to Three Devices: Tastefully integrated into your vehicle’s interior, the Homelink system allows you to control up to three devices.
- Easy of Use: Connecting your vehicle to your home is done by pressing a few buttons.
- Safety & Security: With most compatible garage door openers, the system lets you know if your garage door has been left open or closed. Homelink apps also allow you to have remote control over other in-home devices, such as the lights and security system, providing you with an extra level of peace-of-mind when you’re on the road.
How Do I Program Homelink?
Chevy owners in the Streamwood area will find programming Homelink quick and hassle-free. Follow these steps below and enjoy having your garage door opener connected to your vehicle.
- The Homelink unit features three buttons located on the ceiling of the car above the center console. Press and hold down the first and third buttons until the interior lights of your vehicle begin to flash. This usually takes about 20 seconds. Pressing the first and third buttons is the master reset, so you don’t need to do this when subsequently adding other devices.
- Once the ceiling lights begin to flash, press and hold the button you wish to program while simultaneously holding the open/close button on your garage door opener. The lights should go from a slow to rapid flash, indicating that the programming is complete.
- Go into your garage and press the “learn” button on your garage door opener.
- Return to your vehicle and press the programmed button on your car for a minimum of two seconds. You may see the lights on your garage door opener flash, indicating that it is connecting.
Learn More at Biggers Chevrolet
If you get stuck or need additional help programming your Homelink or Chevy MyLink system, or if you’re experiencing issues connecting to Chevy Wi-Fi®, the certified technicians at Biggers Chevrolet can walk you through it. Have questions? Contact us online or by phone today!