Used Chevy Sonic
Used Chevy Sonic Models are Available in the Elgin and Schaumburg Area
For a long time, the name “subcompact” was synonymous with low power, lacking performance, and few features. The Chevy Sonic is out to change the way that people think of subcompacts. It’s efficient and affordable, but the powerful performance and smart features will likely surprise you. The Chevy Sonic is a popular choice globally, especially for drivers that value efficiency and a great deal. You can see the hatchback or sedan style used Chevy Sonic in the Elgin and Schaumburg area at Biggers Chevy today. Our experts can walk you through all of the details and match you up with the ideal Sonic model.
The Small, but Mighty Sonic Rethinks the Subcompact From the Start
The Sonic was introduced by Chevy in 2012 to shake up the standing perception of subcompact cars—removing the idea that inexpensive also means cheaply made. The Sonic was built to be a sturdy, safe, and efficient vehicle with an affordable price tag. Since the Chevy Sonic replaced the Aveo in Chevy’s lineup in 2012, nearly every part of the car has undergone drastic and noticeable improvements. You’ll love the quicker, stronger engine, increased interior space, better handling, and improved features.
The 2012 Sonic Shakes Up the Domestic Market
Chevy Sonic’s debut model in 2012 features a choice of hatchback or sedan in three trim levels: LS, LT, and LTZ. Each trim level offers a choice of 5-speed manual or 6-speed automatic transmission; they’re all equipped with a 1.8L inline DOHC 4-cylinder engine with 138 hp. All models also get an excellent 26/35 mpg. Each trim level includes different features:
- The LS includes remote keyless power door locks, electric power steering, retained accessory power, air conditioning, AM/FM stereo with auxiliary audio input, OnStar technology, 15-inch painted alloy wheels, remote anti-theft system, 4-wheel anti-lock brakes with electronic brakeforce distribution, traction and stability control, front and rear head airbags, dual front and dual rear side-mounted airbags, and much more.
- The LT builds on the LS’s features with heated power mirrors, premium cloth, 1-touch power windows, satellite radio with a radio data system, pre-wiring for phone, all-season tires, post-collision safety system, and more.
- The LTZ includes all of the LT’s features plus premium features like Bluetooth technology integration, multi-level heated front seats, leatherette interior, steering wheel mounted audio and cruise controls, simulated alloy trim on dash and console, leather and simulated alloy steering wheel, USB with external media control, 17-inch painted alloy wheels, and more.
2013 Chevy Sonic Builds On a Solid Debut
Many of the features found on the 2012 Sonic model stayed the same for 2013 with the addition of an RS trim level for hatchbacks only.
- The RS hatchback is available with either a turbo 6-speed automatic or manual transmission and features a 1.4L inline 4 DOHC engine with 138 hp. Premium features include alcatara leather seats with multi-level heating, a rear spoiler, and many of the same luxury features of the LTZ model.
- Small changes were included on the LT model:
- On the LS, new features provided are Bluetooth connectivity, audio controls on the steering wheel, dual vanity mirrors, pre-wiring for phone, and more.
- On the LT and LTZ models retained their 2012 features with the option of the Chevrolet MyLink touchscreen monitor and smartphone compatibility.
The 2014 Sonic Continues a Winning Formula
The 2014 Chevy Sonic stayed the course; it garnered praise for its roomy interior and energetic performance, as well as excellent safety and crash ratings. The 2014 model year also introduced a sedan version of its performance-centric RS trim level. Engine specs stayed the same as in previous years. Most changes for each model included advanced safety and technology features:
- The LS model includes OnStar enabled hands-free calling, roadside assistance, destination guidance, concierge service, destination download, emergency service, stolen vehicle tracking, and airbag deployment notification. The model is also equipped with a post-collision safety system.
- The LT model added in a height-adjustable driver’s seat, an advanced safety package, and a rear vision camera.
- The LTZ model includes all of the LT’s features, plus navigation.
- The RS offers the ultimate Sonic package with all of the LTZ’s features and features from the 2012 RS.
Find Out More about the Sonic Today
When you’re in need of an affordable and efficient vehicle, consider checking out the Chevy Sonic. We’re confident that you’ll be pleasantly surprised with how far your money will go! Get a great deal on a gently used Chevy Sonic in Elgin, minutes from Schaumburg, at Biggers Chevrolet. Visit us today! Our friendly and knowledgeable sales staff is ready to help you find your perfect Sonic.