Used Chevrolet Camaro
Experience Legendary Performance with a Used Chevy Camaro in the Elgin and Schaumburg Area
The iconic Chevrolet Camaro has been setting the pace for performance-centric sports cars since 1967. Since then, the Camaro has changed significantly, but kept the same American muscle spirit and commitment to impressive performance. Experience the performance designed to surpass any competition for yourself. Get in the cockpit of one of the many excellent used Chevy Camaro models in the Elgin and Schaumburg area at Biggers Chevy. Our experts can walk you through the many available options and features of all of our excellent used Camaro vehicles.
Old School American Muscle Evolves With Modern Power
The Camaro’s story began in 1965 as a top-secret project designed to be a direct competitor with the successful Ford Mustang. Reports about the project—under the code name “Panther”—began surfacing in the automotive trade publications before the model was formally announced June 28, 1966 at a press conference in Detroit. The meeting attendees were said to be the charter members of the “Society for the Elimination of Panthers from the Automotive World” or SEPAW. The name “Camaro” comes from the French word meaning “comrade.” It was selected to convey the camaraderie between a driver and the car, and to fit into the “C” car names of Chevrolet’s line-up—like Corvette, Chevelle, and Corvair.
The first Camaro became available to the public in September of 1966 and was available as a 2-door coupe or convertible in three trim levels: the standard, Super Sport, and Rally Sport.
The Camaro has had five generational iterations, with one discontinuation of the model from 2002 until 2010. Each generation has featured radical body style changes, with the most recent body style harkening back to the classic muscle car look.
Ultimate Design and Performance for a New Generation
The newest generation of the Camaro features a complete redesign with a retro, classic muscle car look. In 2010, the new design garnered the World Car Design of the Year Award. Starting in 2010, the Camaro was available as a coupe in four trim levels, the 2SS, 1LT, 2LT, and LS. In 2011, a convertible became available in the 2SS trim, and in 2012 the ZL1 started production. Finally, the Z/28 model, available as an SS, LT, or ZL1, was introduced in 2014.
The trim levels featured numerous performance and powertrain enhancements throughout the years:
- In 2010, the 2SS coupe came equipped with a 6.2L OHC V8 engine with 426 hp and a 6-speed manual transmission, The LS, 1LT, and 2LT coupe models featured a 3.6L V6 DOHC engine with 304 hp and a 6-speed manual transmission.
- In 2011, the LS, 1LT, and 2LT coupes and convertibles featured similar engines to the 2010 coupes, with a small change to 312 hp and the new availability of a 6-speed shiftable automatic transmission on the LS coupe.
- In 2012 and 2013, the horsepower for the LS and LT was increased to 323 hp. The newly available ZL1 featured a 6.2L V8 580 hp supercharger engine.
- In 2014, the all-new Z/28 model debuted with a 7.0 V8 OHV 505 hp engine with a 6-speed manual transmission.
No matter what model year or trim level you choose, the Camaro packs enough power to provide an exhilarating ride with speed and performance to spare.
Technologically Advanced Inside and Out
Each model of the fifth generation of the Camaro lineup introduces excellent technological features that enhance performance, comfort, and entertainment.
Each year of the Camaro models includes several tech options:
- In 2010, features included available power, leather, heated seats, available Boston Acoustics premium speakers, available Bluetooth connectivity, and available Universal remote transmitter.
- In 2011, the radio data system and satellite radio became standard. Added available options include USB connectivity, rear parking sensors, and retained accessory power.
- In 2012 and 2013, newly available features include alcantara leather, rearview camera, and 245-watt stereo output.
- In 2014, new available features include Destination Download and Concierge Service technology and turn-by-turn navigation.
Throughout the years, the Camaro also featured several advanced safety features, including:
- 4-wheel antilock, ventilated disc brakes with emergency brake assist
- Post collision safety system with engine immobilizer, airbag deployment notification
- Dual front side mounted airbags and front and rear head airbags
- Traction and stability control
Each advanced technological feature pushes each ride in the Camaro to be as heart-racing and fun as it is reliable and secure.
Get Behind the Wheel of a Power-Hungry Camaro Today!
The best way to find out more about the Camaro is to get in the driver’s seat and take a test drive! Our friendly, knowledgeable staff can answer all of your questions and match you up with the perfect used Chevy Camaro for you in the Elgin and Schaumburg area at Biggers Chevy. Contact us now to schedule a test drive and find out more.