Silverado Engines and Transmissions
2014 Chevy Silverado Engines and Transmissions
Elite performance in a top-notch line of pickup trucks starts with powerful, sophisticated powertrains. The 2014 Chevy Silverado 1500, 2500, and 3500 exceed expectations with a range of select power plants to choose from, all of which are available in both two-wheel-drive (2WD) and four-wheel-drive (4WD) delivery systems.
|Engine||Power (hp and torque)||Transmission||Fuel Economy||Fuel Injection|
|4.3L EcoTec3 V6 (1500)||285 hp & 305 lb-ft||Six-speed automatic||24 mpg highway
18 mpg city
|5.3L EcoTec3 V8||355 hp and 383 lb-ft||Six-speed automatic||23 mpg highway
16 mpg city
|6.2L EcoTec3 V8||420 hp and 460 lb-ft||Six-speed automatic||(Est.) 21 mpg highway
(Est.) 16 mpg city
|Vortec 6.0L VVT V8 FlexFuel||360 hp and 380 lb-ft||Six-speed automatic
|Duramax 6.6L Turbo-Diesel V8||397 hp and 765 lb-ft||Allison 1000
2014 Chevy Silverado 1500 Powertrains
The 2014 Chevy Silverado 1500 delivers commanding performance from all three of its powertrain choices. Power from each engine is delivered by a standard six-speed shiftable automatic transmission, while output and economy are optimized utilizing sophisticated direct injection technology.
- 4.3L EcoTec3 V6 Engine: This base engine on the 1500 model delivers an impressive 285 hp and 305 lb-ft of torque. Utilizing direct injection technology, fuel economy is EPA estimated at a very competitive 24 mpg highway and 18 mpg city.
- 5.3L EcoTec3 V8 Engine: Drivers looking for upgraded performance capabilities without sacrificing much in terms of fuel economy can step up to the this powerful V8, which makes a whopping 355 hp and 383 lb-ft of torque. Fuel economy doesn’t suffer much at all for the boost of power, coming in at an EPA estimated 23 mpg highway and 16 mpg city.
- 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 Engine: Coming later in the model year, this all-new engine provides even more power to the Silverado 1500. If you really want that extra power for the tough jobs, then this engine and its 420 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque is the way to go.
2014 Chevy Silverado 2500HD/3500HD Powertrains
For heavy-duty jobs, the 2014 Chevy Silverado 2500HD and 3500HD offer a pair of incredibly powerful engines available on both pickups, along with 2WD and 4WD delivery systems.
- Vortec 6.0L VVT V8 FlexFuel Engine: This Vortec FlexFuel V8 utilizes advanced technologies like variable valve timing (VVT) and electronic fuel injection to optimize both performance and fuel economy, providing an output of 360 hp and 380 lb-ft of torque. This engine is paired to a standard six-speed automatic heavy-duty transmission.
- Duramax 6.6L Turbo-Diesel V8 Engine: The hefty Duramax Turbo-Diesel V8 tops off the list with its incredible combination of power from its turbocharger and diesel engine with direct injection technology. The results are staggering, with 397 hp and 765 lb-ft of torque delivered by an exclusive Allison 1000 six-speed automatic transmission that’s built to handle serious hauling.
Need Help Choosing Your Engine?
If you need help choosing the right engine for your needs, or if you simply want to test them out for yourself, stop by Biggers Chevy at 1385 East Chicago Street in Elgin and speak to our Silverado experts. Otherwise feel free to give us a call to find out more at 866-431-1555!