Chevy provides drivers with tons of options when exploring the Sonic trim levels. Each trim may be selected with either a manual or automatic transmission. Models can also be selected in two body styles: the classic sedan or the spacious hatchback.
- The LS has standard steering wheel controls for audio and phone use, along with a 4G LTE Wi-Fi activation option and 15-inch steel wheels.
- The LT has SiriusXM Radio, upgraded deluxe cloth seating, optional heated front seats and exterior mirrors, optional 16-inch aluminum wheels, and much more.
- The Premier includes such features as 17-inch black painted aluminum wheels, an optional power sunroof, front heated seats, and leather steering wheel.
The Sonic comes standard with a 1.8L ECOTEC 4-cylinder engine with 138 hp and 125 lb-ft of torque, while the LT and Premier trims come with a 1.4L turbo engine that creates 138 hp and 148 lb-ft of torque. You can also select from a 5-speed manual, 6-speed manual, or 6-speed automatic transmission.
The Sonic also delivers terrific fuel economy in any configuration:
- As manual transmission, the 1.8L engine has an EPA-estimated 25 mpg in the city and 33 mpg on the highway.
- When you choose the automatic transmission, the 1.8L engine shows an EPA-estimated 24 mpg in the city and 34 mpg on the highway.
- The 1.4L turbo engine has an EPA-estimated 28 mpg in the city and 28 mpg on the highway.
Space and Features
The Sonic can seat up to five people total, so you don’t have to sacrifice passenger space for overall vehicle size. The sedan features a trunk with 14.9 cubic feet of storage, which is plenty of space for shopping bags and luggage. If you need a little more space, consider the hatchback that has up to 19.0 cubic feet. Additionally, both models let you fold the rear seat to a 60/40 design.
On top of great passenger and cargo space, there are also a host of both standard and optional features to enjoy. The remote vehicle starter comes standard on the LT trim. Remote keyless entry and an auxiliary power outlet can be found on all trims for convenience. There are also standard steering wheel-mounted buttons for audio and phone, which helps drivers use electronics safely on the road.
Drivers can add a few optional features to customize the Sonic experience. Add heated front seats to battle the tough and frigid Chicago winters. If you love a good road trip, optional cruise control will make the long drive a little easier.
Learn More About Interior
Tech and Safety
The new Sonic provides drivers with six months of the OnStar Guidance Plan. This system includes Stolen Vehicle Assistance, navigation, Automatic Crash Response, Roadside Assistance, and more. Standard safety includes a system of ten airbags, tire pressure monitoring system, 4-wheel anti-lock brakes, StabiliTrak, Traction control, and daytime running lights.
What other high-feature features can you expect?
- A standard rear vision camera makes all the difference when it comes to reversing and parking.
- You can connect a device to the Sonic with included Bluetooth connectivity.
- There is a standard 4-speaker audio system, but the LT trim has a 6-speaker audio system.
- The standard Chevrolet MyLink Radio system makes good use of the 7-inch display screen.
- Add data for the included 4G LTE Wi-Fi from OnStar, and watch your car transform into a hotspot for work or entertainment.
Come to Biggers Chevy for the Chevy Sonic
Visit us at Biggers Chevy for the 2017 Chevy Sonic near Elgin and Schaumburg. Our experts can match you with the right Sonic model today, so get in touch with us. From performance to tech, the Sonic is hard to pass up as your next compact car!