A hybrid engine is one that takes advantage of a battery pack to provide power to the vehicle, allowing you to shut off your engine when it would normally waste gas while idling. Hybrids also use regenerative braking to take some of the energy lost while braking and recharge the battery. A plug-in hybrid like the Volt takes that one step further and lets you charge the battery overnight and drive solely on battery power for added fuel conservation.
How much conservation are we talking about? How does an all-electric driving range of 38 miles sound to you? Volt owners who charge regularly can average as much as 900 miles between filling up. On a full tank and a full charge, the Volt can travel a total of 380 miles, and you’ll enjoy an engine capable of 149 hp and 273 lb-ft of torque.
That kind of performance should put to bed any of the stigma that a hybrid can’t deliver the power drivers expect from a gas-powered car. In fact, the Volt drives just like a traditional sedan, except you push a button to start it instead of turning a key.
Interior & Exterior Style
While old school hybrids often had unusual, often bizarre designs, the Volt embraces a more traditional look. It does feature some distinctive design elements, including unique mirrors with built-in turn signals and an aerodynamic exterior that not only looks great but lets you get the most out of your powertrain.
The smooth, modern exterior carries over to the Volt’s spacious and technology-laden interior as well. First-rate materials and stylish colored accents give Chevy’s plug-in hybrid a streamlined look, and there are storage areas for everything, including an umbrella pocket, door panel storage, and a compartment for the 120V charging cord. Not only is there plenty of storage space, but with seating for up to four, the Volt is spacious enough to join your garage as a family sedan—it’s already perfect for running the daily errands gas-free.
With a state-of-the-art powertrain under the hood, you didn’t think that Chevrolet would skimp on the technology features, did you? The Volt has some of the best standard features in its class, and if you want the upper echelon of high-tech perks—like a navigation system and a Bose sound system—they’re available as well.
- Bluetooth: Connect your compatible smartphone to the Volt with the standard Bluetooth connectivity feature, letting you make handsfree phone calls and stream music directly from your phone, no cords required.
- Chevy MyLink: This high-tech infotainment system comes with a 7-inch touchscreen, features steering wheel-mounted audio controls, and comes with voice-controlled smartphone integration. Did we mention that it comes on every new Volt?
- 4G LTE Wi-Fi: Available through the in-vehicle OnStar system, your Volt can become a mobile hotspot around, giving you one of the most solid and dependable signals for when you’re on the road.
- Navigation: Paired with the Bose seven-speaker stereo system, the Volt’s optional navigation system keeps you right on course. Bose audio ensures crystal clear music is piped through your stereo, straight from your smartphone.
Most drivers would think that a vehicle like the Volt puts its fuel economy first, but we have to admit that this just isn’t the case. At Chevrolet, safety always comes first. The Volt scored an overall NHTSA safety score of Five Stars, marking it as one of the safest hybrids on the market. We’re sure that features like these certainly helped the Volt ace its safety tests:
- 8 Airbags: With built-in front driver and passenger airbags, front knee airbags, side curtain airbags, and more, the Volt helps keep you and your passengers safe in the event of an accident.
- Back-Up Camera: Available on the Enhanced Safety Package 1, the rearview camera gives you a clear look at what’s behind the Volt to help avoid any vehicles, objects, or pedestrians while backing up.
- Parking Sensors: One of our favorite available safety features, the Volt’s available parking sensors take the guesswork out of parallel parking or backing into a parking spot. Just let the car guide you.
- Lane Departure Warning: Available in the Enhanced Safety Package 2, this warning system gives the driver a heads up if the Volt starts to drift out of the current lane, allowing you to correct your path before an accident occurs.
The Volt is an excellent choice for drivers seeking one of the most fuel-efficient cars on the road today, giving you many of the benefits of an electric car without the drawback of a limited range. But we’re not the only ones who adore this Chevy:
- “The 2015 Chevy Volt has the best all-electric range of any plug-in hybrid while its gasoline engine offers peace of mind that true electric vehicles can’t match.” – Edmunds
- “Harnessing the best of two worlds, the 2015 Volt is a viable and attractive solution within the realm of green motoring.” – AutoTrader
- “If you relish the idea of driving an electric car, but fear the idea of being stranded with a dead battery, the Chevy Volt might just be the ideal solution.” – Kelley Blue Book
See the 2015 Chevy Volt for Yourself
We know that many of the families in Schaumburg, Elgin, and the surrounding suburbs are looking for ways to save as gas prices climb higher and higher, and the 2015 Chevy Volt is a great place to start. That 38-mile range could cut out nearly all of your fuel spent on running errands.
To learn more about the Volt and discover if it’s the right car for you, contact Biggers Chevrolet and let us put you behind the wheel for a test drive.