Trim Levels and Pricing
Chevy makes it easy to get what you want in the Traverse too, with each of their three trim levels letting you choose between front-wheel or all-wheel-drive and offering diverse and enticing features packages at attainable price tags.
It may not be the first thing on your mind, but the power of a crossover like the Traverse matters. Strong horsepower means confident driving, so the Traverse gives you 281 hp thanks to its 3.6L V6 engine. And if you’re concerned that level of power means the 2015 Chevy Traverse mpg rating will cost you, we have good news: this crossover earns 24 mpg on the highway.
Combine confident, dependable handling and the option for all-wheel-drive to keep control in the harshest of weather conditions, and it’s clear that Chevrolet has given you one of the best-performing crossovers on the road today. Updates made to the 2014 model carry over, including the power steering system that makes it possible for the Traverse to respond quickly to your needs while still bringing one of the smoothest driving experiences we have ever seen.
It can be tough to say whether or not two drivers will have the same impression of the style of a vehicle like the Traverse, but from the outside, we hope you’ll agree that it already looks like a stylish yet practical crossover. There’s nothing too flashy about this Chevy, but designers have done well to make it look impressive nonetheless.
And once you open the door, you’ll see just how spacious and comfortable it can be. With seating for up to eight and as much as 116.3 cubic feet of cargo storage space, the Traverse will have no trouble doing what you need it to do. And the interior brings that same sense of stylish yet functional design, with the high-end LTZ practically becoming a luxury crossover.
At the end of the day, the majority of crossovers become family vehicles, and that means Chevy needs to ensure that they are some of the safest on the road. With a variety of standard and optional safety amenities, we have no doubt that families who drive the Traverse can drive safe and with confidence. Here are some of the more remarkable features:
- Standard Rearview Camera: Take the mystery and fear out of backing up out of a parking space or your driveway with this built-in camera system. It makes parallel parking all the easier too!
- OnStar: One of the world’s most famous telematics systems also comes standard on the Traverse, assisting you in tasks from the everyday to calling for help in an emergency to providing stolen vehicle assistance.
- Forward Collision Alert: This optional feature is one of the latest in high-tech safety amenities, using radar to warn the driver of a possible rear-end collision with the vehicle in front of them.
- Front-Center Side Airbag: Built into the driver’s seat, this airbag is meant to help protect the driver or front passenger in a side impact collision.
Chevrolet offers you the latest in entertainment and technology options in all of their vehicles, and that includes the Traverse. While you’ll have plenty of room for the kids in this spacious crossover, you’ll likely still want something to keep them occupied on the long drive, and we have the answer.
- Chevy MyLink: Stay connected behind the wheel with the help of Chevy’s innovative MyLink system, syncing up your smartphone with the Traverse and managing it all through the 6.5-inch touchscreen. Call up the kids’ favorite music to restore order on a long drive.
- Turn-by-turn Navigation: Optional on the Traverse, why not give yourself a can’t-get-lost system to take the mystery out of driving. With 3D maps, SiriusXM NavTraffic, and more, your drive will be made all the easier thanks to Chevrolet.
- RemoteLink Key Fob: While the key fob on your keyring is not meant to do much more than the basic needs, the OnStar RemoteLink app lets you lock, unlock, remote start, and more all from your smartphone.
Even with all of the amenities that come on the Traverse, it can be tough to have a vehicle fit your every need perfectly from the moment you buy it. What if you’re a long-distance biker or like to take long camping trips? Well, Chevy has some accessories for the Traverse that make all of that second nature for their crossover. Here are just a few:
- Hitch-mounted Carrier: Whether it’s skis, bikes, or just an extra storage compartment, there is an accessory for your trailer hitch that will let you just add on whatever you need right onto the back of your Traverse.
- Roof-mounted Accessories: What if you need more space or just don’t like having your cargo on the back of your vehicle? Try a roof-mounted luggage basket, bicycle carrier, or even a kayak carrier!
- Cargo Organizer and Cargo Net: Cargo areas can be one of the most disorganized messes if you are not careful. After all, without a cargo organizer and/or a cargo net, things can just slide around with every turn you make.
- All-weather Floor Mats: Whether you find yourself in muddy or snowy situations often or just have kids who can’t seem to stay out of a mess, all-weather floor mats are durable and easy to clean, making a great addition to the vehicle.
2015 Chevy Traverse Review
Whether you are a driver or a critic, it seems like everyone seems to love the 2015 Chevy Traverse. We think we delivered on our promise of telling you that it is powerful yet efficient, well-equipped yet affordable, practical yet with a fun sense of style, but we’re clearly a bit biased in favor of this Chevy. What does one of the biggest names in the industry have to say about the Traverse?
“If you want a big, 3-row crossover SUV that starts under $32,000, holds up to eight passengers, and has a standard V6 and that returns decent fuel economy, the 2015 Chevy Traverse remains a tempting family hauler.”- Kelley Blue Book
Experience a 2015 Chevy Traverse Today!
Of course, the best test of whether or not the 2015 Chevy Traverse is right is the one you take behind the wheel. Stop by Biggers Chevrolet in Elgin today and let us put you in the driver’s seat. To reach us from Schaumburg, just head west on Schaumburg Rd and follow signs for IL-19 W/E Chicago Street. You’ll find us at 1385 E Chicago St, ready to hand over the keys to the Traverse!