Trim Levels and Pricing
There’s much to love about the Sonic, including its four available trim levels. Whether you want the practical yet well-equipped LS as a sedan, a hatchback, or you’re looking for the high-performance Sonic RS, we think there’s something for everyone:
- 2015 Chevy Sonic LS: $14,245 (sedan) or $14,845 (hatchback)
- 2015 Chevy Sonic LT: $15,855 (sedan) or $16,455 (hatchback)
- 2015 Chevy Sonic LTZ: $18,235 (sedan) or $18,835 (hatchback)
- 2015 Chevy Sonic RS: $19,945 (sedan) or $20,545 (hatchback)
Interior & Exterior Design
With sleek styling, an aggressive front-end design, and an unmistakable rear end, the 2015 Sonic turns heads whether you’re behind the wheel of the sedan or the hatchback. And its interior design is just as remarkable, with a motorcycle-inspired gauge cluster, supportive and comfortable front seating, and plenty of incredible features like the Chevy MyLink infotainment system.
Of course, one of the best parts about the Sonic is just how spacious it is despite its compact size; while it’s as easy to park and maneuver as Chevy’s subcompact Spark, the Sonic offers you plenty of interior space: 14.9 cubic feet of trunk space in the sedan or up to 47.7 cubic feet of cargo space in the hatchback.
Performance and Fuel Economy
Chevrolet gives you the choice of two different engines on the Sonic, a 1.8L four-cylinder and a 1.4L turbocharged four-cylinder, and each is powerful and efficient, bringing something interesting to this Chevy:
- 1.8L Four-Cylinder: Found on both the LS and LT trims of the Sonic Hatchback and Sedan, the 1.8L four-cylinder engine is rated at 138 hp and 125 lb-ft of torque. Electronic fuel injection helps keep this engine efficient.
- 1.4L Turbocharged Four-Cylinder: Featured on the LTZ and RS trim levels, this engine brings the same power—138 hp—but ups the torque to 148 lb-ft, and it’s capable of delivering an EPA-estimated 40 highway mpg.
It used to be that all drivers tended to be concerned with were three things: what’s under the hood, what the car looks like, and what the seats and trim are made of. These days, the tech your car equips is just as much of a draw as any of the other main concerns of car buyers. That’s why we’re proud to say that the 2015 Sonic has some of the best automotive technology available, such as:
- Bluetooth: Connect your compatible smartphone to the Sonic via Bluetooth to make wireless phone calls and stream music through the available MyLink Radio infotainment system.
- Chevy MyLink Radio: This state-of-the-art infotainment system can be found on select Sonic models and comes with a 7-inch touchscreen interface that lets you control your smartphone, music, and more.
- 4G LTE Wi-Fi: Tired of relying on your smartphone for internet access on the go? Take advantage of the available OnStar 4G LTE connectivity right inside the Sonic!
- OnStar RemoteLink: OnStar also has a mobile app that is compatible with select Sonic models, allowing you to manage your vehicle from the convenience of your phone—it’s particularly handy for lockouts!
High-tech doesn’t just apply to keeping you entertained and connected behind the wheel of the Sonic; it helps keep you safe, too. From the frame to the finish, the Sonic is built with purpose, and you can rest easy that the first goal on the minds of Chevy engineers was safety. That’s why the Sonic was the first car in its class to earn a five-star overall safety rating from the NHTSA. And from its standard safety features to its available upgrades, it’s got you covered.
- 10 Standard Airbags: Nobody wants to be involved in a collision, but the Sonic is ready to cushion you if you are. There are minivans that have fewer airbags than the Sonic, and if you’re ever in an accident, they’re set to deploy with the right amount of force to help cushion you and absorb energy.
- Rear Vision Camera: Chevy’s available rear vision camera makes it easy to back up and parallel park without fear of hitting a pedestrian, an object, or another vehicle. Take the guesswork out of reverse.
- Lane Departure Warning: Distracted driving can happen, especially on long highway drives, and the available Lane Departure Warning will alert you if the Sonic has noticed you have begun drifting out of your lane, allowing you to correct your course.
- Forward Collision Alert: Like the Lane Departure Warning, Forward Collision Alert does just what it sounds like. This optional feature uses radar to detect if a collision with a vehicle is imminent and alert you to help avoid an accident.
The Sonic is a spacious, versatile, and well-equipped vehicle, whether you are looking for the sedan or the hatchback build. We think it’s an excellent choice for our Elgin and Barrington drivers, but we love the Chevy lineup. How would you like to see what some impartial critics think of the 2015 Chevy Sonic?
- “Available as both a sedan and a hatchback, it offers a refined cabin and surprisingly good driving dynamics.” – Left Lane News
- “Sonic is a good car: useful, easy to drive, a good value.” – USA Today
- “[It’s] one of our top picks for a subcompact sedan or hatchback thanks to its blend of power, comfort and feature availability.” – Edmunds
Test Drive a Sonic Today
The 2015 Chevy Sonic is available now at Biggers Chevrolet in Elgin, and whether you live just down the block or in a nearby suburb like Schaumburg, we think it’s worth your time to make the trip to our showroom and take the Sonic for a test drive. Contact our sales team today, and let us put you behind the wheel of the 2015 Sonic; we think you’ll love it.