Trims and Prices
The 2015 Chevy Cruze offers a broad spectrum of trim levels, each of which has its unique advantages. Drivers should have no problem finding a version of the Cruze that both suits their driving style and their budget. The trims available for the Cruze are as follows:
- Chevy Cruze LS: $18,870 (MSRP)
- Chevy Cruze 1LT: $ 20,095 (MSRP)
- Chevy Cruze Eco: $21,370 (MSRP)
- Chevy Cruze 2LT: $23,270 (MSRP)
- Chevy Cruze LTZ: $24,270 (MSRP)
- Chevy Cruze Turbo Diesel: $25,660 (MSRP)
2015 Chevy Cruze MPG and Performance
3 different engine options span the 2015 Chevy Cruze’s 5 available trims, and no matter which powertrain you prefer, you can always expect a smooth and comfortable ride that does not sacrifice fuel efficiency:
- 1.8L 4-cylinder: Standard on the new Cruze is a 1.8L, 4-cylinder engine that is capable of delivering 138 hp and 125 lb-ft of torque. When mated to the standard 6-speed manual transmission, the model earns up to 36 mpg on the highway according to EPA estimates.
- 2.0L Diesel: Even though it is only offered on one trim, the 2015 Chevy Cruze diesel is definitely worth consideration. When paired with an automatic transmission, this 2.0L diesel engine delivers 151 hp and a whopping 264 lb-ft of torque. This turbocharged engine earns up to an EPA-estimated 46 mpg on the highway.
- 1.4L Turbo I-4: Available on the Cruze Eco trim, this engine option is for buyers who are looking for something cheaper than the diesel engine, but still want higher fuel economy numbers than the base. Pair the 1.4L turbo I-4 engine with a 6-speed manual transmission, and this model produces 138 hp and 148 lb-ft of torque. This vehicle earns EPA-estimates of 38 mpg on the highway.
The 2015 Chevy Cruze features a distinguished grille. Its wider front fascia gives the Cruze’s hood a confident stance that casts a sporty impression, but within the frame of the Cruze’s swept back LED daytime running lights, the front fascia gestures towards the sleek and flowing contour of the Cruze’s aerodynamic body—a roller coaster for the eyes.
For a sportier and edgier look, drivers have the option of adding the RS Appearance Package. A performance-inspired front end, “aero” rocker moldings, front fog lamps, and a rear spoiler can be yours on LT and LTZ trim levels.
Interior Design and Features
The cabin of the 2015 Cruze is quite luxurious and designed with high-quality materials for a more upscale feel. For this model year, the cupholders have been redesigned and controls like the trunk release and door-lock releases now have more convenient locations. A stylish and functional wraparound instrument panel is just one of the Cruze’s many interior highlights.
The 2015 Cruze can also be equipped with a wide range of innovative tech features to make your commute more enjoyable. A few of those optional amenities include:
- Chevrolet MyLink: This intuitive infotainment system puts everything you need all in one place. It allows you to stream your favorite tunes, access the hands-free calling feature, get directions, and more.
- Bluetooth Compatibility: Bluetooth connectivity is standard on every 2015 Chevy Cruze. All you have to do is connect your compatible smartphone to access your contacts, play music, or make phone calls without having to take your attention off of the road ahead.
- OnStar: With the 2015 Cruze, you can subscribe for a 6-month trial of Onstar’s Directions and Connections services for added peace of mind on the road.
The 2015 Chevy Cruze has performed quite well in crash tests from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) and the federal government. This model is equipped with ten standard airbags, as well as a stability control system and collapsible pedal assembly system. Advanced accident avoidance features that are typically found on luxury models are available with the latest Cruze. Listed below are some of the Cruze’s standard and available advanced technologies:
- StabiliTrak Electronic Stability Control system with Traction Control: When driving on less than perfect pavement, this system helps you stay on your intended path by detecting the difference in direction the vehicle is travelling and the direction the driver is steering—and then by applying brake pressure to specific wheels to iron out your traction.
- OnStar Automatic Crash Response: If a crash has occurred, this system will automatically alert OnStar as well as first responders.
- Enhanced Safety Package: Available for the first time last year, this optional group of safety amenities includes Rear Cross-Traffic Alert, rear park assist, and Side Blind Zone Alert.
2015 Chevy Cruze Reviews
While we’ve been praising the 2015 Chevy Cruze, we might not have the most impartial opinion. But it’s not just us. There was a lot of hype about the new Cruze during its development, and now that it’s been released, critics agree that the Cruze delivers:
- The Car Connection: “The 2015 Cruze has a spacious interior, excellent ride quality, and impressive interior materials—all of which can combine to give the impression that this is a more upscale sedan than it is.“
- Left Lane News: “In our brief drives through the hills surrounding Washington, D.C., and through roads ranging from highways to patched-up backroads, we were really surprised at how well the new Chevrolet Cruze handled all different conditions.“
- Car Gurus: “Ever driven through the California Rockies? The shoulders of those highways are a car graveyard on any given day, but the Clean Turbo Diesel Cruze lives up to its name and handles that horrific roller coaster with not only true-to-estimates fuel economy, but its dignity as a people-mover fully intact. Need we say more?“
Stop by Biggers Chevy to Test Drive the 2015 Chevy Cruze
The 2015 Chevy Cruze has much more to offer than what has been mentioned above, and drivers can experience it in person here at Biggers Chevrolet. If you would like to test drive the new Cruze, feel free to contact us at 866-431-1555 or stop by the dealership today. We are located at 1385 E. Chicago St. in Elgin, so stop by soon!