2015 Chevrolet SS vs 2015 Ford Taurus SHO
If you want the feel of a powerful, performance-ready vehicle, then you’re probably looking at the exciting array of sports sedans the current marketplace has to offer. There are plenty of great options, but which model has the dimensions that suit you? We’ve taken two popular current models, the 2015 Chevy SS and the 2015 Ford Taurus SHO, and put them head to head on four key areas: warranty, performance, space, and ergonomics. Dive in, and see how they compare.
Warranty vs. Warranty
A great warranty is often what pushes buyers toward a new car in the first place. Comparing the SS and the Taurus side by side on warranty, the SS offers:
- A 6-year corrosion warranty and 2 years of scheduled complimentary maintenance—including oil changes, fluid changes, and more.
Meanwhile, the Taurus SHO offers only a 5-year corrosion warranty and has no scheduled maintenance offers.
Performance and Handling
Power and performance in a car is driven by both the engine and the suspension elements it has. The SS has serious edge over the Taurus SHO in both arenas. First, compare engine to engine:
- The SS offers a 6.2L V8 engine with 415 hp and 415 lb-ft that can go from zero to 60 mph in 4.6 seconds.
- The Taurus SHO’s standard 3.5L V6 engine offers 365 hp and 350 lb-ft of torque. It takes 5.4 seconds to go from zero to 60 mph.
In addition to a more powerful, faster engine, the SS also includes several advantages for both suspension and handling.
- The SS is equipped with a standard driver-adjustable suspension system—a feature that the Taurus SHO lacks.
- The SS has a 1.9-inch longer wheelbase than the Taurus SHO for smooth handling.
- Stability through even weight distribution is important for performance. The SS offers 50-50 weight distribution, while the Taurus SHO has a 60.7% to 39.3% weight distribution.
- The SS has firm figure-eight maneuverability and turning circle radius. It boasts a 2 feet tighter turning circle, and it has a 2.8 second faster figure eight maneuver than the Taurus SHO.
Even when your priority is performance, extra cabin capacity is never underappreciated—every bit makes a difference. The SS offers 106.9 cubic feet of passenger volume space, which is 4.7 cubic feet more than Taurus SHO. You’ll find that the SS offers .4 inches more front legroom, 1.6 inches more rear legroom, .9 inches more front hip room, 2.2 inches more rear hip room, 1.2 inches more front shoulder room, and 2.1 inches more rear shoulder room.
Smart ergonomics can add a great touch to a fine car. The SS offers some key design extras that the Taurus SHO lacks:
- A head-up display
- Standard Bluetooth connectivity
- Standard dual-zone air conditioning
- Standard heated side mirrors
- Rain-sensitive wipers
- One-touch power windows
Take a Spin in the Mighty SS Today!
A test drive is the best way to see if the all-new 2015 Chevy SS is the right choice for your lifestyle. Stop by our dealership, or contact us today to learn more. Our Chevy sales staff is ready to help you find the SS model you love today!