New Chevy Tech Features are Making People Safer and Simplifying Their Lives
Chevrolet’s “prevent, protect, respond” philosophy is at the heart of every feature and capability included in the company’s vehicles. Chevy is consistently researching developing, and implementing new technologies that follow through on this mission and make people safer:
- Stabilitrak® Electronic Stability Control System – This innovative feature comes standard on every Chevrolet vehicle and helps drivers automatically keep control in hazardous, low-traction driving conditions.
- Lane Keep Assist – The available system that uses a camera to monitor whether you’re staying in your lane or accidentally drifting out of it, and then automatically intervenes if you don’t make the adjustment on your own.
- Rear Cross-Traffic Alert – The available radar-based sensor system that automatically detects vehicles approaching from either direction in the rear, and then uses the rear vision camera to warn you of their presence.
- Forward Safety Awareness – This available combination of Forward Collision Alert and Front Automatic Braking systems dramatically increases safety by using a camera and available radar technology to let you know when you’re approaching slower vehicles and then automatically applying the brakes, if necessary, to avoid a collision.
- Side Blind Zone Alert – This available feature uses radar to analyze the adjacent lanes and proactively alert you if a vehicle is in one of your side blind spots.
- Front Pedestrian Braking – An available system for warning you if a collision with a pedestrian in front of you is imminent. It can also automatically apply the brakes in an attempt to avoid the collision or reduce the impact.
- Front and Rear Park Assist – Available on select vehicles, this technology has sensors in the bumpers that detect how wide and deep parallel parking spots and reverse right-angle parking spots are. Drivers just have to follow instructions on the Driver Information Center console, control the accelerator and the brakes, and then let the Automatic Parking Assist control the steering into the space.
- Rear Vision Camera – This available feature gives you eyes in the back of your head, providing a camera view of what’s happening behind your vehicle when you’re in reverse, so you can maneuver appropriately and avoid obstacles.
- Teen Driver – Available on the 2016 Malibu, this ingenious system supports safe driving habits in a multitude of ways. If people in the front aren’t wearing their seat belts, it automatically mutes the audio of the radio or any paired device. It provides audio and visual warnings if the driver is going faster than preset speeds, and it even provides information for parental review, like maximum speed reached, distance driven, and number of warnings given.
- OnStar – This available system that utilizes sensors within your vehicle to automatically notify an OnStar Advisor when your airbags deploy. OnStar contacts emergency services if necessary and can also use GPS technology to send help directly to your location.
- OnStar RemoteLink – The available accompanying mobile app that lets you use your mobile device to do things like start your car remotely, lock and unlock your doors, send directions to your navigation, and manage your 4G LTE Wi-Fi connections. Proper equipment is required for certain features.
Chevrolet is Leading the Way
Chevy’s tech features are innovative, ingenious, and they provide a way to keep you safe and streamline the information overload that we deal with every day. See these incredible safety, entertainment, and connectivity features for yourself at Biggers Chevy. We’re your resource for learning more about what’s out there and how it could work for you. Contact Biggers Chevy today!