Chevy Trucks vs. Toyota Trucks
At Biggers Chevrolet, we understand that Schaumburg drivers want to get the most power and features at a better price. When you shop around for your next truck purchase, you’re going to compare everything from price to interior dimensions to features, safety, and the type of engine. So, Biggers Chevrolet is comparing Toyota trucks vs. Chevrolet trucks to see which stands out in terms of performance, towing capabilities, and features.
2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 vs. 2019 Toyota Tacoma
Both trucks are excellent options for Streamwood drivers, but how does the Tacoma stack up against the critically acclaimed Chevrolet Silverado 1500?
- The Silverado 1500 has a class-leading 355-hp 5.3L V8 engine with an EPA-estimated 16 mpg city/22 mpg highway fuel economy that trumps the Tacoma’s 278-hp 3.5L V6 engine.
- The Silverado 1500 has a well-established track record of receiving high safety ratings from IIHS and NHTSA.
- The Silverado is the hardest working pickup truck that was redesigned to be lighter, larger, and stronger. The Durabed combines high-strength roll-formed steel, more cargo volume than any other truck and 12 standard ties downs – three times more than any other competitor. The 2019 Tacoma has less versatility, and can’t compete with the strength of the Silverado’s Durabed.
2019 Silverado HD vs. 2019 Toyota Tundra
If you’re looking for extreme power and towing capabilities, you can’t help but compare the 2019 Chevrolet Silverado HD vs. 2019 Toyota Tundra. However, when you take a look at what both pickup trucks offer, the Toyota Tundra falls short in most areas.
- The 2015 Silverado HD has a higher maximum towing capacity of 14,400 pounds with the standard Vortec™ 6.0L V8 engine, compared to the lower 10,200-pound max towing capacity of the Toyota Tundra.
- The Silverado HD features more technological amenities such as a built-in 4G LTE Wi-Fi connectivity from Onstar®, whereas the Tundra doesn’t offer this useful feature.
- The Silverado HD is the first heavy-duty full-size pickup in its class to offer advanced safety features such as Forward Collision Alert, Lane Departure Warning and the Safety Alert Driver Seat. The Tundra has excellent safety features, but they can’t compete with what Chevrolet has to offer.
The Standout Chevy Colorado
If you’re in the market for a smaller truck with impressive power, then the 2019 Chevrolet Colorado may be right for you. The new Chevy Colorado comes standard with the 200-hp 2.5L four-cylinder engine that delivers 191 lb-ft of torque that’s paired with a six-speed automatic transmission. This engine gets you an EPA-estimated 22 mpg city/26 mpg highway fuel economy. There’s also the available 308-hp 3.6L V6 engine that delivers 275 lb-ft of torque and is paired with an eight-speed automatic transmission. With the Duramax® 2.8L turbo-diesel engine you can tow up to 7,700 pounds. The new Chevy Colorado is a true standout and worthy of a spot on your Schaumburg driveway, but is it better suited for you than the Silverado 1500? Compare the Colorado vs. Silverado in-depth to find out!
Test Drive These Chevy Trucks at Biggers Chevy Today!
If you want to get behind the wheel of a truly remarkable pickup truck, then visit Biggers Chevrolet to test drive one of these Chevrolet trucks today. Elgin drivers won’t want to miss out on all of the impressive performance, towing capacities, safety features, and interior features these pickup trucks offer. Contact us today with any questions or to schedule an appointment!