2015 Chevy Trax
The 2015 Chevy Trax is a brand-new crossover that won’t be arriving at Biggers Chevy in Elgin until early 2015, but we want to give you the scoop on what to expect from this versatile and well-equipped new vehicle. The Trax is set to be Chevrolet’s smallest crossover, coming in at over a foot shorter than the Equinox, and yet they have packed it full of features and offered so much cargo storage space that drivers will wonder why they ever needed a bigger vehicle.
Specs & Gas Mileage
Each Trax features a 1.4L turbocharged four-cylinder engine paired with a six-speed automatic transmission, and when you need to put the pedal to the floor, you’ll have a full 138 hp at your disposal.
Built on a platform similar to the Sonic, Chevy’s new small crossover promises to be fun to drive, providing the responsive handling expected of smaller vehicles. With optional all-wheel-drive, it’s easy to make sure that the Trax offers up the power and control you need, when you need it.
And when it comes to fuel economy, Chevy’s new 1.4L engine looks eager to be a class leader, as the 2015 Chevy Trax mpg ratings are leaving the competition in the dust:
- The Trax with front-wheel-drive is expected to earn 34 mpg on the highway and 26 mpg in the city.
- Adding on all-wheel-drive is expected to bring the Trax down to about 31 mpg on the highway and 24 mpg in the city.
Chevrolet’s designers and engineers have built a vehicle that is just as comfortable in the city as it is on an adventure. The Trax features the bold look of the modern SUV, complete with swept-back automatic halogen headlights and chrome accents, while embracing the practicality found in an easy-to-park small crossover. The roof rails are not just a nice accent—they are also ready to be loaded up when you need a break from the city life.
This unique crossover design combined with the ten striking color choices ensure that you’ll be turning heads when you’re behind the wheel of a Trax.
Tech Features & Interior Style
It may be tough to imagine it from the outside, but the Trax has comfortable seating for five and features up to 48 cubic feet of cargo space when you need it. With 15 available storage areas and 60/40 split folding rear seats, you’ll have no trouble loading everything you need into the Trax—there’s even a hidden storage space under the front passenger seat.
Chevy’s new crossover is built for comfort—whether you’re on a family road trip or your daily commute—especially with available features like a six-way power driver’s seat and heated front seating. And when it comes to technology, this sporty crossover goes toe-to-toe with the best of them:
- Chevy MyLink: Standard on every Trax, Chevrolet’s infotainment system comes with a 7-inch color touchscreen to manage all of your technology. It can even display GPS navigation info from your smartphone.
- Rearview Camera: Each Trax comes with a built-in rearview camera to make it easier for you to back up and parallel park with confidence.
- Bluetooth: Connect your compatible smartphone to the Chevy MyLink system wirelessly. Stream music and make calls handsfree with the standard Bluetooth connectivity.
- 4G LTE: How would you like to have a mobile hotspot right in your car? OnStar’s optional 4G LTE connectivity gives you mobile WiFi for up to seven devices.
In the small crossover market, automakers know that safety must be a primary concern. After all, how many of you are going to use the Trax as your new family vehicle? Featuring 10 standard airbags—more than any of their competitors—the Trax is built for safety.
In addition to the airbags and the standard rearview camera, expect some of the latest in automotive safety technology to be available when this crossover hits our showroom in early 2015.
2015 Chevy Trax Review
We can’t wait until we can take a 2015 Trax for a spin here at Biggers Chevrolet, but in the meantime we have some reviews from auto experts that should tide everyone over until we can offer a test drive.
- “The Trax shined bright as it rode each curve effortlessly. Handling the Trax was a breeze and parking the small SUV during a few different occasions was very easy as well.” – Kelley Blue Book
- “Although the subcompact crossover segment is just gaining traction, Chevrolet has entered the segment with a solid contender.” – Motor Trend
- “The 2015 Chevrolet Trax will break into uncharted territory for Chevy, and into one of the fastest-growing segments of the U.S. market; with competition heating up, we’re eager to see how much value this tall hatchback ventures in with.” – The Car Connection
2015 Chevy Trax Release Date
The best way to stay up to date on the latest news for the 2015 Chevy Trax is to keep in touch with our sales team at Biggers Chevrolet. Remember, we’re just as excited as you are for this new crossover, so don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions. To visit us from Schaumburg, just head west on Schaumburg Rd and turn right onto IL-19 W/E Chicago St, where you’ll find us at 1385 E Chicago St. We look forward to meeting you!