2015 Chevy Malibu
Schaumburg drivers in the market for a new car that is practical, affordable, and well-equipped should swing by Biggers Chevrolet in Elgin to get a look at the 2015 Chevy Malibu. The latest Malibu is the mid-size sedan that has it all, including an incredibly efficient powertrain, stylish and comfortable design, and the latest in automotive technology features. We’ve put together a complete guide to this popular model, but no preview other than a test drive can really do it justice!
MSRP and Trim Levels
One of the best ways to make sure that drivers get the most out of their Malibu is to provide a variety of trim levels, and with six different options to choose from, the Malibu can be customized to fit your needs. Simple, affordable, and fuel-efficient? Try the 1LS. A borderline luxury sedan without the luxury pricing? Try the 2LTZ.
- 2015 Chevy Malibu 1LS: $22,340
- 2015 Chevy Malibu 1LT: $23,610
- 2015 Chevy Malibu 2LT: $25,470
- 2015 Chevy Malibu 3LT: $27,005
- 2015 Chevy Malibu 1LTZ: $28,195
- 2015 Chevy Malibu 2LTZ: $30,355
The Malibu handles like a dream thanks to a re-tuned suspension and responsive steering while the quiet cabin ensures that you’ll feel the strength of Chevy engineering while cruising in silence. And when it comes to power, you’ll have two different engine choices:
- ECOTEC 2.5L DOHC 4-Cylinder Engine: The fuel-efficient standard powertrain is rated at 196 hp and 191 lb-ft of torque. No longer does fuel efficient mean underpowered.
- Turbocharged ECOTEC 2.0L Engine: Upgrading to the turbocharged engine gives you access to 259 hp and 295 lb-ft of torque, practically begging for you to put the pedal to the floor of your new Malibu.
Would you believe that despite the power offered by the Malibu’s engines, you can get as much as 36 mpg on the highway out of this smart sedan? The 2015 Chevy Malibu mpg impresses at either engine level:
- Upgrading to the turbocharged 2.0L engine brings 30 mpg on the highway and 21 mpg in the city.
You might be asking how it’s possible to get such an efficient sedan without skimping on the power, and the answer is simple: GM’s new start/stop technology. You may have heard of this idea being used in hybrid cars: when you don’t need your engine you can actually conserve fuel if you just shut it off. Chevy has brought that over to the Malibu, and it’s one of the main reasons for the boosted fuel economy.
Interior and Exterior Design
While the Malibu is modestly priced and reigns supreme in fuel economy and practicality, it’s not afraid of luxury, and it actually one of the best looking mid-size sedans on the road. A two-tier grille design marks it as a bolder new sedan while looking a bit subtler than some of its flashier, over-the-top competitors.
The interior is equally stylish yet subdued, offering a new level of comfort thanks to available features like leather-appointed seating and a sunroof to let nature in on a nice sunny day. With plenty of room to stretch out and the latest in auto technology, you’ll feel right at home behind the wheel of a Malibu.
- Side Blind Zone Alert: This optional feature makes it easier to change lanes with confidence, giving you a glimpse of your blind spots and warning you when a vehicle is in them.
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert: When you’re backing up, sensors in this optional system will let you know if there are vehicles coming from either direction.
- Rearview Backup Camera: Combine this with the Rear Cross Traffic Alert and back up with confidence. The optional camera helps make reversing and parallel parking all the easier.
- OnStar: OnStar comes standard on the Malibu, helping you out by notifying the authorities when you’ve been in a collision.
- Ten Air Bags: The standard ten air bags of the Malibu combine with its ultra high-strength steel body structure to help keep everyone safe in an accident.
As one of the world’s leading automakers, you had better believe that Chevrolet is going to give drivers like you access to some of the best in automotive technology when you get behind the wheel of a 2015 Malibu.
- 4G LTE: Standard on every Malibu, Chevy gives you the ability to turn your car into a mobile WiFi hotspot. Stay connected on the road thanks to the OnStar 4G LTE wireless connectivity.
- Chevy MyLink: Chevy’s optional infotainment system comes with a 7-inch touchscreen interface and syncs all of your technology in one convenient place.
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth phone connectivity comes standard on the Malibu, with optional audio streaming capabilities. Connect your smartphone without the need for any wires and make calls handsfree.
- USB Port: Standard on the Malibu, just plug in your phone, iPod, MP3 player, or flash drive to access your music or charge your device(s).
- Next-Gen Radio: Stream Pandora Internet radio straight from your smartphone or take advantage of the three-month free trial of SiriusXM Satellite Radio.
2015 Chevy Malibu Review
We have long been fans of the Malibu, and the 2015 model is no exception. But don’t just take our work for it—check out what two of the most prestigious authorities in the auto world had to say about Chevy’s new mid-size sedan:
- “If you want solid family transportation with the unfettered entertainment options that only come from the Internet, the 2015 Chevrolet Malibu may be the answer to your midsize sedan prayers.”– Kelley Blue Book.
- “Safety scores are now top-tier, with the Malibu earning Top Safety Pick status.” — The Car Connection.
Test Drive the 2015 Chevy Malibu Today!
The best review of the 2015 Chevy Malibu is the one that you give it yourself. Visit Biggers Chevrolet today and let one of our sales experts put you behind the wheel of the new Malibu.
To reach us from Schaumburg, simply:
- Head West on Schaumburg Rd
- Turn right onto IL-19/E Chicago St
- Follow signs for E Chicago St until you reach us in Elgin at 1385 E Chicago St.