2015 Chevrolet Spark
The 2015 Chevy Spark: The Next Generation
It may seem like only yesterday that the first models of Chevy’s Spark minicar hit the streets in Schaumburg, Elgin, and the rest of the suburbs, but we’re excited to announce that the just-released 2015 Chevy Spark is the start of a new generation for the vehicle, embracing some of the latest in automotive technology.
Although there are some notable cosmetic changes and upgrades to the features available, the fuel efficient 84-hp four-cylinder engine will remain the same, offering up to 39 mpg on the highway.
2015 Chevy Spark Review: What’s New?
One of the features we are most excited about is the OnStar 4G LTE connectivity, which comes standard on the 2015 Spark, regardless of trim level. With 4G LTE, you can:
- Access whatever you want, wherever you need to.
- Enhance your connection to other OnStar services like navigation and diagnostics.
- Use the Spark as a wireless hotspot, allowing multiple passengers to connect to the Internet while on the road.
- Spark drivers receive a free three-month trial subscription.
In addition to the brand new 4G LTE connectivity, the Spark is receiving a facelift, with some updates to front-end design as well as the overall shape of the vehicle. ?
Exterior: Our First Look at the Next Generation
While the Chevy Spark might seem like a new car to many of us, it actually started off overseas a few years ago, putting it right in line for a new generation for the 2015 model year. The 2015 Chevy Spark’s release has given us new insight to the new generation. Sometimes generational changes are minimal, but in the case of the Spark, Chevrolet is redesigning some of its signature elements:
- The vertical headlight design is disappearing in exchange for a more horizontal style and a less aggressive front end.
- The arching shape of the beltline is toned down quite a bit, giving rear passengers a better view.?
A New Battery For the 2015 Spark EV
The standard gasoline-powered Spark isn’t the only one with exciting updates. The 2015 Chevy Spark EV is set to have a brand new, much lighter rechargeable battery pack. Despite dropping a few pounds, the specs for the 2015 Spark EV remain the same, offering as much as an 82-mile range on a full charge for a 119 MPGe rating.
Popular Features From 2014 Are Returning
While we always love hearing about new features and updates, the fact is that the Spark was already a pretty impressive car in and of itself, and we’re happy to say that many of the high-tech amenities Spark drivers have come to love stuck around for the 2015 model.
- Chevrolet MyLink Radio: Complete with seven-inch touchscreen, the Chevy MyLink lets you connect all of your gadgets in one convenient place.
- RemoteLink Key Fob: Part of the OnStar RemoteLink app, the Key Fob service gives you the ability to remotely lock, unlock, and even start the Spark.
- EcoLogic: Responsible manufacturing, fuel-saving technology, and an end-of-life recyclability make the Spark one of the most eco-friendly vehicles around.
- Siri Eyes-Free: Drivers with iPhones can not only sync their smartphone through the Spark via Bluetooth, but Siri’s Eyes-Free technology lets you stay connected and keep your focus on the road.
- BringGo: The most affordable in-dash navigation system found in the Spark’s class, BringGo features turn-by-turn directions, 3D maps, an Eco driving profile, and more.?
The 2015 Chevy Spark Release Date
The 2015 Chevy Spark has been released! Contact our staff at (866) 431-1555, or just drop by our dealership at 1385 East Chicago Street, to ask about availability and schedule a test drive!